On today’s show, we continue our conversation with Dr. Corey Allan, a marriage Family Therapist, to discuss the issue of vulnerability in a marriage and how to navigate those “sensitive” topics that exist. Vulnerability allows closeness within a marriage and offers a unique opportunity for growth, because after all, marriage is intended for more than to just make us “happy”.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode:
- How past experiences, even from childhood, affects the present and how to move forward through the bad ones
- Sharing your feelings and fears with your spouse, and how that brings unity and alignment of goals & purpose in your marriage
- Owning personal struggles and weaknesses, and knowing when and how to ask for help from your spouse
- Learning to deal with your spouse’s mistakes and differences in opinion in an agreeable and honoring way
- Learning to effectively communicate your need(s) to your spouse
Featured on the Show: