We continue our conversation with Pastor Don Symons on the crucial role open communication and active listening plays in marriage. One of the central keys to communication is not only about speaking but also about listening to what the other party is trying to tell you.
This episode is anchored in Proverbs 18:13
What You’ll Learn from This Episode:
- Pastor Symon’s 3 tips for listening to one another especially regarding finances
- The benefits of being married to a good listener
- How to become better listeners
- How to know if you are a good listener
- Why people often ‘counterpunch’ or withdraw from arguments An overview of Carey’s life and the work that he has done in ministry, podcasting and business
- The importance of discussing your relationship to money with your spouse
- The importance of prayer and the word of God in coming to a common ground about finances
- How to discuss and align your financial goals with your spouse
- The importance of transparency in marriage
Featured on the Show:
- Pastor Don Symons : www.westney.ca| email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carey Green: www.careygreen.com| email: email@example.com |
- A new segment called #CouplesCorner where real couples tell their stories, struggles, challenges and triumphs. These stories will give you hope that financial unity is possible with your spouse if you persevere and remain grounded in God’s Word.